Menu de navigation
Lyne Da Sylva
Research interests (see more here)
Applications of NLP (Natural Language Processing) to document management.
Data: Open Data, Linked Data, Research Data. Indexing and abstracting (human, semi-automatic or automatic).
Semiotic aspects of document management systems.
Named coordinator for a graduate certificate (D.E.S.S.) in Digital Publishing
- The Faculté des arts et des sciences has opened this Fall a graduate certificate
in Digital Publishing in order to align the teaching of today's editorial practices with their evolution in the marketplace.
The programme was adopted by the members of the Commission des études on October 18th, 2016.
The digital era is reshaping the entire process of knowledge production,
content validation and knowledge dissemination.
The program is a collaborative effort between the École de bibliothéconomie et des sciences de l'information (EBSI), the Département des littératures de langue française and the Département de littératures et de langues du monde. It contains a number of compulsory courses and electives as well as a practicum or a research project. (For more information, see article [in French] here)
Webinar on the Semantic Web
- Da Sylva,Lyne. Web sémantique et bibliothèques (numériques) [The Semantic Web and (Digital) Libraries]. Webinar. Corporation des bibliothécaires professionnels du Québec, 7 Apr 2016.
Workshop at ACFAS
- Within ACFAS's 84th conference, a workshop on the coupling between documents and resources to process them will be held on Monday May 9th and Tuesday May 10th, 2016, at UQAM (Université du Québec à Montréal). This workshop is coorganized by Patrick Drouin, of OLST (Observatoire de linguistique sens-texte) and by myself. See the call for papers on the OLST website (in French only).
Re-elected "Membership Officer" of ASIS&T's Digital Libraries special interest group, for the year 2015-2016.
- Through this interest group, all members of the international association ASIS&T who are interested in Digital Libraries can share ideas and stay connected.
- EBSI has received in Febrary 2015 the news of the accreditation by the American Library Association for its Masters program in Information Science, for a period of seven years.
Page updated 23 Oct 2017